Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Discover Card is ripping off Americans. They hold your money hostage when you have a credit balance and try to get a refund.

Yet, if you are 1 day late they charge you over and over and raise your rates. They can't even get my account closed correctly. I'm waiting over 3 months and 6 very frustrating phone calls later to learn they can credit my bank account instead of waiting aimlessly for a check they claim is "in the mail." They can care less about losing a great customer and only offer apologies. I would never open another discover card again.

Think twice. Sooo Many and I mean many better options to use. JUST SAY NO. Discover Brand is not trustworthy.

Financial *** artists who don't care about consumers. IT DOES NOT PAY TO DISCOVER

Product or Service Mentioned: Discover Bank Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Not willing to help, Customer care service, Refund process, Credit balance refund process, Close account process.

Comments

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1269489

Reading your horror story was very similar to mine. I had a credit on my Discover account and one day I saw it had disappeared.

When I called, they claimed after a certain period of time, they had to send me a check and that the "check was in the mail". Finally, after 3 months and threatening them that I was going to file a complaint of theft with the state Attorney General, they put the credit back on my account.

What is even worse, these credit cards, banks, insurance companies, cable companies, etc., etc., are not just using our money and making money from only a few accounts.

Times what they are doing to consumers by the millions and you can understand why they are all doing it; and clearly getting away with it. Consumers have no protection from these scammers and thieves.