2.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

More than a month ago, my purse was stolen, including a debit card for my checking account through Discover Bank.I had always thought that this bank having no brick & mortar presence didn't matter.

However, without a debit card, the account is rendered close to useless, especially during the holiday season. I have called the bank at least six times since the theft. More than a month later, I still don't have a debit card, and I don't have any certainty that it will arrive anytime soon, given the runaround I've received from the Discover Bank staff. The last time I called, the first rep with whom I spoke was very nice, and she said I should talk with a supervisor because of all the trouble.

I waited on hold for at least 10 minutes for a supervisor to become available. The supervisor who finally answered was blunt, unsympathetic, and basically treated me as if I was unreasonable and ***. She denied having any knowledge of my other calls. The latest card was supposed to have been sent to a hotel where I was staying, but she couldn't tell me when it arrived there and said she didn't know why a previous rep had told me it wasn't sent there.

Without saying it point-blank, she let me know my business wasn't important. When I asked to speak with her manager, she said it wasn't necessary, that she had documented my concerns.

Given Discover's advertising of their superb customer service, this treatment is astounding.As soon as some bill payments I've set up clear, and I have time to alter my automatic deposit from my paycheck, I will close this account.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with bill pay service and stated that there is a room for improvement of way i was treated by a supervisor and being given incorrect information. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of discover bank account. Discover Bank needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned discover bank account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Discover Bank. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Capital One.

Had an Experience with Discover Bank?

Comments