Recently applied for and got a Discover Card.On the first bill there was a $4.88 charge for customer protection, which when they called me I refused.

So when I called and tried to get it removed, all they did was try and convince me to keep it up to the point that I told them to then cancel the card. They then transferred me to a supervisor who did the same thing. After 15 minutes I finally convinced them to cancel the card.

They then transferred me to the corporate division who handles the fraud fee and had to fight them for 5 minutes to cancel the protection.Then they transferred me back to cancel the card and went through another 5 minutes again convincing them I really wanted to cancel the card.

Avoid getting a Discover Card

Review about: Discover Bank Credit Card.

Had an Experience with Discover Bank?

Comments

#208148

Discover card sued and got a judgment without serving me

“There is no need for anyone to be cold, hungry, homeless or in poverty. All these things are caused by the lack of pieces of paper and electronic numbers called money circulating in the world and by the charging of interest on them. We could change that today if the desire was there” David Icke

The bankers can accumulate and manipulate businesses by accepting, or refusing, loans.

The whole house of cards, and the control of the human race, is based on the charging of interest on money. The subject of interest is crucial. There is nothing wrong with money if it is used only as a measure of exchange for goods and services. It is when you can charge interest on money, most of which doesn’t physically exist, that enormous dangers arise.

You can then make more money from manipulating pieces of paper and electronic numbers than you can from producing essential goods and services for people who need them. With the charging of interest, the money chases those who already have money and ignores those who have not. The cataclysmic social and financial divisions in the world are caused by the charging of interest on money.

Production is geared to greed, not need, and the rich get richer and the poor, poorer. Often it is not the cost of a house that prevents people from buying a home; it is because we have to buy three or four for the right to live in one!

:sigh I am very upset why Disvover Card was listed under a request I made to show me credit card companies that were good for students with no credit history. It clearly showed that Discover was one of the credit cards that had in big letters NO CREDIT HISTORY/APPLY. ALL THE OTHERS THAT WERE ON THE LIST WERE PRE PAID CARDS, BUT NOT DISCOVER.

Now, I wasted a search for my credit, and a request for a card, which I hear is not good to be doing if you want to get a good credit score, so they scammed me.

THEY SCAMMED ME INTO APPLYING FOR THEM,INSINUATING THAT IT DIDN'T MATTER THAT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CREDIT HISTORY, BUT WITHING 2 SECONDS, THEY HAD NO PROBLEM DENYING ME, WITH THE reason for the denial being, "NO CREDIT HISTORY". GO FIGURE!

I JUST DON'T GET IT. THEY SAMMED ME, FOR WHAT?\

TO LEARN ABOUT ME, TO FIND OUT WHRE I LIVE, TO MAYBE SEE IF MY FAMILY HAS A GOOD CREDIT HISTORY. THEY ASKED FOR MY MOM'S MAIDENT NAME.

I BELIEVE THESE COMPANIES DO NOT RATE US AS A NEW CUSTOMER, UP AND OCMING INTO THE WORLD OF CREDIT, BUT I THINK THEY KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT OUR NAMES, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, FAMILY HISTORY, THAT IF SOMEONE IN OUR FAMILY HAS BAD CRDIT, WELL THAT MEANS WE ARE DOOMED TOO.

I truly believe that. NOw with the computer world being so accurate in finding every bit of info within seconds. We are not individuals any more. We are the product of our families mistakes. And...

F THEM AND ALL THE CREDIT COMPANIES, I THINK THEY ARE ALL BULL, AND IT WOULD BE A MIRACLE FOR THEM TO GIVE CREDIT TO ANYONE ANYMORE.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE TO BE RICH TO GET A CARD, ANDT HEN YOU DO'T NEED ONE, EXCEPT TO PROTECT YOUR PRECIOUS CASH FROM FALLING OUT OF YOUR POCKET.

So, back to the beginning we go, no more days of having America and the credit companies help us survive a bit better than we would have without the help of a few dollars more every now and then. And, do not feel guilty about applying for bankrupcy.

I am not a economist. But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the world works on credit, failures, bankrupcies, insurance, and what else? All that ***.

We are all in a big jam, not because a few of us didn't pay our credit cards off, but because the credit card sompanies wanted to be greedy and start charging people more than they could afford, knowinbly giving more credit than could be afforded to be payed back, on purpose, OH, for what i wonder?

But, to refuse a student, a newbie in the world on life, the lousy credit to start my life off with a little extra incentive to work hard ato pay off, and make more money, I am shut off right off the tip.

Hey, I might as well apply for SSI. Why not? It seems like the economy is telling the people, "if you work hard, or try to work Hard, you will get F'ed", but hey, if i join in on being poor, i'll be okay. So, I am not gonna starve dammit.

For those of you who really believe tha *** that the U.S. is loosing money because of the welfare system and or SSI to the elderly and disabled is a bunch of bunk. The amounts of the U.S. budget for those things are so trivial compared to other things like defense, and more. Mind you, I am not against defense, but don't think that if peopel get welfare, that it hurts the U.S. economy. Not even close.

I heard that Welfare takes out .1% of 1% of the U.S budget to pay out to the people. So, I am not too sure If i am right about that, but I did hear it on one of those smart shows a while back like 20/20 or something.

whatever, C