Was told by the original loan officer that the loan would be at 8.99%. He requested the last 4 of my SSN as my electronic signature. Like an ***, I took his word for it. I didn't even look at the documents that were sent with the initial payment slip and just continued to pay like an ***. Years later I finally noticed that my principal had been going down extremely slow compared to a school loan that was at 6%.

I finally looked at my bill to see that the calculated interest payment was over 14%! I called in and they only confirmed that this is what it's always been at and what I agreed to! This is BS! They record their calls so my original call had better be on file cause that mofo'ing loan officer clearly stated 8.99% and I even wrote it down on my original notes.

Discover Card Personal Loans / Discover Bank Personal Loans should be ashamed of themselves. I'm going to pay off the balance and never do business with discover or any subsidiary ever again.

Had an Experience with Discover Bank?

Comments

It's your own fault. You should never blindly sign anything w/o reading it first. I had a similar thing happen and made the loan officer change it to the agreed amount.