I found out when I stopped to buy my kids dinner tonight that Discover had cancelled my credit card.Apparently they had a breach in their security.

So they cancelled my card--without even bothering to tell me--and mailed me out a new card. Fantastic as it takes 7-10 days to receive a new card. When I asked them to expedite my new card and send it overnight I was told they couldn't send it overnight, but could "expedite" it. Oh--and it would only take about 5 days to expedite it.

Plus I need to be at home to sign for the card--which may arrive either Friday or Monday! I can just hear my boss when I tell him I have to *** of work on Friday and possibly Monday if my card doesn't show up on Friday so I can be at home to sign for it! Discover kept putting me on hold...the longest was for 30 minutes! They kept telling me "there's nothing we can do".

After being on the phone for 85 minutes and being told there's nothing they could do and would expedite it so my card comes in 5 days I finally hung up! Seriously in this day and age they can't send a new card overnight???? I've had other credit card companies do that in the past why can't they?

I don't think they care at all about their customers.The customer service is non-existent there to say the least.

Review about: Discover Bank Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Discover Bank?

Comments

Richardson, Texas, United States #599770

SIR,You are an ***.You should be happy that they cancelled your CREDIT CARD and issued an new credit card.If this had not happen,Then you would have really had a problem.Some people have all the nerve in the world.You cannot please everyone.Really you do not have to *** work,You can go and pick up the credit card yourself.Or better still you can pay yourself to expedite the delivery of your new credit card.WTF do you want?Discover to do everything for you.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #595425