Update added by user Aug 17, 2013
Keep insisting that they did not decline any charges even with the document from Valero gas station. This is what we get to look forward to outright lies!
Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2013
This is what is happening in America today."Corporate America" has taken over.
The state and federal agencies have helped them do this. You will see from the two documents I have uploaded on this site, one is from Valero the other is Discover Card. Please look at the circled paragraph on the Discover Card letter and then look at the Valero Gas Station with the transactions. Wow!
There is a "Phantom Merchant" that made the last two transactions "OH my really? This is quite impossible since my card had been cancelled three hours earlier by me. Plus when I was on the phone with Discover Card on my online account statement there were two $1.00 charges that had been posted to my account which I copied and pasted before they could take it off. "Did they take it off?" "Yes they sure did!
"So what does Discover Card do with these two declined charges at the Valero Gas Station they create a "Phantom Merchant" hours after I cancelled my credit card that charged these two $1.00 charges! Wow, watch out for that "Phantom Merchant" This is so pathetic its funny really! The BBB closed this case because they said that Discover Card had made a good faith from my complaint. So "Carte Blanc" to Corporate America.
The "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" has been in business since 2011 and they have created such Kaos because they can't read, send complaints to companies not even mentioned.
You will also see on the Valero Statement where it states that Discover would have never known about the last two transactions because after 4 swipes they will not let you charge anything.Explain that?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Account Charges
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."
- "Tried to update my account info [specifically my email address] on CareCredit.com/cardholder. Had my username but not my password. Clicked "forgot password" - received message: "check your email for a..."
- "Basically, I'm now a single mom, divorcing, last hearing July 15 and 17th, it has been *** as divorces are known to be, I have two big cc, discover and..."
- "So I saw an ad for outcalls, and I contacted a girl named Carina. She came, I gave her the $200 and she claimed she had to go get..."
- "hi, We received a call from Angie's list asking us to become a preferred contractor, that they can help us increase business by at lease double, from 100k to 200k. After..."
- "Please read the attached document. This is pretty scary Discover Card isn't even mentioned in the complaint. Only GE Capital Retail Money Bank and Pay Pal Smart Connect. Why does..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."