Update added by user Aug 17, 2013

Keep insisting that they did not decline any charges even with the document from Valero gas station. This is what we get to look forward to outright lies!

Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2013

This is what is happening in America today."Corporate America" has taken over.

The state and federal agencies have helped them do this. You will see from the two documents I have uploaded on this site, one is from Valero the other is Discover Card. Please look at the circled paragraph on the Discover Card letter and then look at the Valero Gas Station with the transactions. Wow!

There is a "Phantom Merchant" that made the last two transactions "OH my really? This is quite impossible since my card had been cancelled three hours earlier by me. Plus when I was on the phone with Discover Card on my online account statement there were two $1.00 charges that had been posted to my account which I copied and pasted before they could take it off. "Did they take it off?" "Yes they sure did!

"So what does Discover Card do with these two declined charges at the Valero Gas Station they create a "Phantom Merchant" hours after I cancelled my credit card that charged these two $1.00 charges! Wow, watch out for that "Phantom Merchant" This is so pathetic its funny really! The BBB closed this case because they said that Discover Card had made a good faith from my complaint. So "Carte Blanc" to Corporate America.

The "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" has been in business since 2011 and they have created such Kaos because they can't read, send complaints to companies not even mentioned.

You will also see on the Valero Statement where it states that Discover would have never known about the last two transactions because after 4 swipes they will not let you charge anything.Explain that?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 5 No 5
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 15, 2014 #900942

CFPB probably "can't read" your complaints because your writing doesn't make sense. Try reading it out loud, slowly, next time, BEFORE you hit "Post Complaint." Thanks.

1 0 Reply

Jul 13, 2014 #840168

.....three hour time difference between PST and EST....It was swiped four minutes before you cancelled.

2 0 Reply

Jul 14, 2014 #840289

Please read all the docs I know there is three hours difference

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.