Update added by user Aug 17, 2013
Keep insisting that they did not decline any charges even with the document from Valero gas station. This is what we get to look forward to outright lies!
Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2013
This is what is happening in America today."Corporate America" has taken over.
The state and federal agencies have helped them do this. You will see from the two documents I have uploaded on this site, one is from Valero the other is Discover Card. Please look at the circled paragraph on the Discover Card letter and then look at the Valero Gas Station with the transactions. Wow!
There is a "Phantom Merchant" that made the last two transactions "OH my really? This is quite impossible since my card had been cancelled three hours earlier by me. Plus when I was on the phone with Discover Card on my online account statement there were two $1.00 charges that had been posted to my account which I copied and pasted before they could take it off. "Did they take it off?" "Yes they sure did!
"So what does Discover Card do with these two declined charges at the Valero Gas Station they create a "Phantom Merchant" hours after I cancelled my credit card that charged these two $1.00 charges! Wow, watch out for that "Phantom Merchant" This is so pathetic its funny really! The BBB closed this case because they said that Discover Card had made a good faith from my complaint. So "Carte Blanc" to Corporate America.
The "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" has been in business since 2011 and they have created such Kaos because they can't read, send complaints to companies not even mentioned.
You will also see on the Valero Statement where it states that Discover would have never known about the last two transactions because after 4 swipes they will not let you charge anything.Explain that?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Account Charges
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "There will be FOUR DOCUMENTS attached to this post. Please look at each of the documents. Where these people get this stuff is beyond me, it just keeps coming. I..."
- "Here's my experience:January 29th, 2013: Did taxes on via Turbotax, when asked where I wanted the deposit to go I made a big ***king mistake and checked the box..."
- "I got a one vanilla card and paid cash 30$. The store gave me the card and did not see on the receipt that it was declined. I returned to..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "Please read the attached document. This is pretty scary Discover Card isn't even mentioned in the complaint. Only GE Capital Retail Money Bank and Pay Pal Smart Connect. Why does..."
- "So I saw an ad for outcalls, and I contacted a girl named Carina. She came, I gave her the $200 and she claimed she had to go get..."
- "How the ever loving *** am I supposed to wear two left boots. I understand it was a clearance item but this bulls*** is RIDICULOUS. No exchanges or refunds on..."