Discover Bank - Discover, their motto is, special populations, @$%( them, we will take your grammy and great great grammy to court, discover, death punch credit bonus rewards!!

Basically, I'm now a single mom, divorcing, last hearing July 15 and 17th, it has been *** as divorces are known to be, I have two big cc, discover and chase, can discover wait till the divorce is over since I was left frozen to any financial ability from ex?No, I now have a local county lawsuit from discover that I have no possible way to pay till the divorce is final, so now today was apparently pretrial, and having been told I am in the throws of divorce almost a year ago, you would think they could wait for the outcome so I can pay, instead the vultures are here, and as if its not bad enough that I do suffer from PTSD, have no finances practically, have had to ask for the court to make ex assist, while my teen daughter and I sit here with almost no food or help after he left, Discover swoops in to poke the corpses eyes out.

I am unemployed, haven't found a job since mid 2012, but was current up till the divorce non the less. I graduated with a BA and am planning to enter nursing in September so I can be employable.

So then why am I still in court if clearly I will be ok after the divorce is final and I can get back on my feet????Chase had no problem understanding my circumstance, Discover, well I guess that orange dot on that card is clearly consumer blood.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Discover suing while at end of divorce while I am applying for food assistance, medical assistance, unemployed, single mom, with ptsd
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Card Payments
Review category
review #524116 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Discover Bank? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 13 #1111194

So.... You're upset because Discover isn't giving an unemployed deadbeat however much time she wants to pay her bills?
Like any other business, they rightfully expect to be paid.... Your excuses are absurd

2 1 Reply

Aug 21, 2014 #859467 New York, New York

and we wonder why America is going downhill, people can't manage their finances and go into debt, but they all still have the latest ipads, iphones, flat screen tvs, eat out in restaurants. sad & dumb

5 3 Reply
Golden Mountains

Aug 21, 2014 #859503 Cincinnati, Ohio

Debt and capitalism go hand in hand, interestingly it is not just an issue in America, or in this year, debt has occured since man invented ownership. Debt, and any government system go hand and hand, as long as there is ownership, money, and values to items, people, and work. To consider that "people cannot handle their finances" is to say finances are not handling people well, which is true, the economy is struggling. There is only so much world capital, it happens to be tipped on the side of not being in balance between national and private capital, hence the consumer, economic, and political private squeeze. So, if you are worried that people experiencing hardships have cell phones, or any other devices that deeply disturb you for them to have, you should quickly turn to the way of the enlightened, and do as you ask others, get rid of all worldly possessions, and see how that fares for you, if that is good enough for one person you feel has no right to possessions, then it likewise should be your personal rule applied to yourself. To live today costs money an illness, money, water, money, transportation, money, so therefore, you never know what situation may indebt you or a friend or family, so you may want to consider if you, friends, or family have any rights whatsoever as people, or if you have only rights if you can afford the air and water. The fact is technology has nothing to do with poverty besides its increasing dependence for everyday living. This case is about... Show more

1 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.