1.3K views

DO NOT APPLY FOR A DISCOVER IT STUDENT CARD!!! THEY HAVE NO STANDARDS FOR APPROVING OR DENYING APPLICATIONS.

My twin sister and I will both be college freshmen in the fall. In order to start building our credit history we both applied for the Discover It Student Card. We applied on the same day with virtually the same information. Neither of us have had credit cards before. We worked at the same grocery store for the same amount of time. We have the same address, birth date, etc. Essentially, in the eyes of a credit card company, we have identical credit histories. My sister’s application was approved. My application was denied due to “insufficient credit history.” They claimed that I had to get a co-applicant.

I called the supposedly “stellar” customer service, and I was transferred from department to department. I was forced to explain my situation repeatedly and still no one was able to give me a straight answer as to why my TWIN sister with the SAME credit history was approved while I was denied. All the representatives refused to review my application again. They just kept saying I had “insufficient history” and needed a co-applicant. They refused to tell me why my sister didn’t need one even when I had her authorize them to provide us with the information. My father has had a Discover card for a while, but needless to say my entire family is leaving Discover for good.

I gave this card a chance because it’s supposed to be the best student card out there. Instead, I got horrible treatment and evasive representatives who don’t care about potential customers at all.

Review about: Discover Bank Customer Care.

Comments

whoisceleste
Murrieta, California, United States #701338

Wow! I just applied for a Discover It student credit card about a week ago for the same reason. Haven't heard back from them yet but this makes me a little nervous about their credibility...

Texas4125
to whoisceleste #701345

You can check your application status on discover.com/checkstatus.When I did this, I got an error page saying "We're Sorry.

The page you are looking for is not available right now." I called their customer service number and a representative then told me that my application was denied.I hope your situation ends up being different!