I called to cancel my Discover card.  I was basically harassed while I continued to explain that I did not need a reason, that I just wanted it closed. After about 10 minutes, the agent rudely told me that the account was closed.

Two weeks later, I received Discover Card checks with my account number. I called back in, spoke to Alisha and explained that I wanted to know the status of my account. She said it was in good standing.

I told her that I had called to cancel the account and that is when she told me there was no record of that.

I told her to cancel it, and she went into the same spiel as the last agent.  After repeating my request 2 more times, she again became rude and told me that I should not cancel the card. I told her that I did not care what she thought, cancel the card. She finally agreed that she would. I bet it is still open.

Review about: Discover Bank Account.

Had an Experience with Discover Bank?

Comments

Ask for a letter of confirmation that is closed its that simple.

Capital One - Bad Manager - Wade Horton Capital One "I worked as a front desk security officer for (Capital One) Sharebuilder for over two years. I am always on time and ready to work. I come to work with..." Read more What to do if Direct Express refuses to help you... The next step Direct Express "I am writing a review for Direct Express prepaid debit for Government Benefits. I had read hundreds of dissatisfied consumers. I had unauthorized activity on my card, my claim was..." Read more AskOption - Ask Option Binary Option Broker AskOption "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..." Read more Netspend - Gave away my money Netspend "I reported my card lost on June 19th and ordered a new card as reflected in the first image. Then, June 24th the next image shows I had NO active..." Read more Dominos Pizza - Experience sucked Dominos Pizza "Ordered 2 pizzas two chicken bacon ranch sandwiches which it what we normally order. The meat on the sandwich was not bacon it was very thick and chewy. I called..." Read more Scotiabank - Bad cybersecurity Scotiabank "I've been documenting for years, the abysmal cybersecurity at Scotiabank. I personally think they're a dangerous bank to be with. I've now started to serialise to YouTube some of the..." Read more Pridebites - Waited over a month for crapola Pridebites "It took over a month and a half to receive a plain dog collar with just name and phone # on their pre-designed collar. No graphics or special design. Ended..." Read more Ninjapparel - 2 MONTHS OF *** (DO NOT BUY!) Ninjapparel "I can't even begin to detail the full extent of how horrible this company has been. After ordering, it was 3 weeks and I had received no tracking info and..." Read more